COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our patients’ personal information and utilising all personal information in a responsible and professional manner.
We collect contact information (i.e. names, email addresses, home and mobile telephone numbers) from our patients for the following purposes:
- To create and update patient files
- To invoice patients for services, process payments or collect unpaid accounts
- To process claims for payment or reimbursement from third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies
- To send reminders to patients concerning the need for further eye care examination or treatment
- To send patients informational materials about our eye care practice and services
Contact information is disclosed to third party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of eye care treatment and has asked us to submit a claim on the patient’s behalf.
Financial information may be collected in order to make arrangements for the payment of eye care services.
We collect medical information (i.e. health history, family health history, physical condition and eye care treatments) from our patients for the purpose of diagnosing eye care conditions for determining a patient’s suitability for treatment and providing eye care treatment, if indicated.
Patient Medical Information is disclosed:
- To third party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of eye care treatment or has asked us to submit a claim on patient’s behalf.
- To other eye care providers and eye care specialists, where we are seeking a second opinion and the patient has consented us to obtain the second opinion, if we have referred the patients, with their consent, to the other eye care specialist for treatment.
- To other health care professionals such as physicians and optometrists if we have referred the patient, with their consent, to the other healthcare professional for a second opinion, treatment or follow-up care.
By signing this form, you also agree that Atlas Eye Specialist Centre may collect, use and disclose your personal data which you have provided in this form, for providing marketing material that you have agreed to receive, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Please contact us if you require more information including how you may access and correct your personal data or withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data.